What they don’t tell you about motherhood…
1) Your blog will get old and dusty because you don’t have time to write a sensible post that doesn’t involve the statement “zzzzzzzzzzzzz” (sorry!)
2) Your house will likely never be as clean as you prefer it to be
3) You will reach a level of exhaustion you never thought possible (I really thought I understood tired before becoming a mom…not. a. clue.)
4) You will struggle to find time to do all the things on your to do list in a new an exhausting way
5) Work and the rest of your life will compete for your attention like its the Hunger Games and only one can survive (and yet, both do survive and Sunday evening you are prepping for another mad dash through Monday to Friday)
6) You will have to rely on cultural references from the previous year because you don’t have time to read books or watch movies
7) All of that won’t matter when your Tiny Human smiles at you, laughs at something simple or silly, gives you a hug (unprompted), gives you a kiss (also, unprompted), or dances with “happy feet” when he sees you.
Seriously, life couldn’t be better.
(Sorry if you come to my house and it isn’t clean. I’m too busy laughing with my Tiny Human.)