As previously mentioned here, I have an opportunity to go love on some orphans in Rwanda and Ethiopia with a group called Visiting Orphans. There are an estimated 5.6 million orphans in these two countries. In Rwanda alone, 10% of their estimated population is orphaned. While international adoptions are on the rise, many children are not adopted. The purpose of this trip is simple: To love these children.
It’s a two-week trip that will begin December 27 with a long plane ride to Africa. We’ll start in Rwanda and then get to Ethiopia. (We’re spending the Ethiopian Christmas in “the dump” – I can’t wait. Seriously.)
I don’t want to do this alone, though. And this is where my you, my social network, my blogging friends, come in. As you might know, preparation for any missions trip is intense and requires a lot of financial and prayer support. I’d love for you to partner with me in this trip! There are a number of needs that require prayer, including that:
- We would be diligent to allow God to prepare our hearts to minister to the children (and workers)
- All of the trip’s financial needs would be met in a timely fashion
- Our leaders would be prepared and have the wisdom to direct our trip
- God would keep us all safe
- Travel details (passports, visas, etc.) would be processed in time
- Strong teamwork and unity as 20 strangers come together for one purpose
- The team would be a blessing to those we meet on the trip
- God would meet the needs of the children we met on this trip
- We would be good stewards of what we see and experience when we get back
Having you pray with us regarding this trip would bless us tremendously. There are about 20 of us going – some are first-timers at the international trip (like me!) while others are seasoned. Pray for our hearts as we prepare to go and bless the little guys in the orphanages of Rwanda and Ethiopia.
If you feel like you would like to be part of this trip through a financial contribution, that would be a huge blessing as well. You can donate online at the Visiting Orphans website:
or by check made out to Visiting Orphans sent to:
P.O. Box 668
Nolensville, TN 37135
(Be sure to indicate that this contribution is for team member Carla Shows in the box online or in the memo line of your check.) Financial contributions are tax-deductible if you send them to Visiting Orphans. There’s also an upcoming opportunity to bid on an original image designed by my good friend Ricky. (I’ll post information here when the auction opens!)
I’m about halfway to my goal of $3,600 and only have a little more to go. Financial support of any size is greatly appreciated and would be a blessing to me. Any money I raise beyond the cost of the trip will go toward a gift to the orphanages.
I hope you’ll consider partnering with me on this trip. If you need more information, let me know.